Affiliate marketing can bring about increasing sales for businesses. However, many store owners assume that this process is complicated and overwhelming. In fact, running an affiliate program on your online store is easy, requiring no coding skills. What’s more, this type of marketing is effective for all types of businesses.
In this post, we will help you who are considering running an affiliate program in your WooCommerce store. The article will include an in-depth guide on how to add an affiliate program to your store and quick reviews of the 3 best WooCommerce Affiliate plugins.
Now, let’s get started!
Why should you set up an affiliate program for WooCommerce?
- Affordable price for high sales and traffic
- Your sales are shared between you and the affiliates
- Affiliates will do the marketing and help you increase the brand recognition
- A fast-growing advertising strategy
- Easy to monetize the website traffic
- Improve brand engagement
- Increase the loyal customer base
- More easily to grow the business
How to add an affiliate program to your WooCommerce store
Step 1: Install and configure the plugin
Similar to other plugins of WooCommerce, it’s easy to install and get started with affiliate add-ons. In order to do so, simply follow the below steps:
First of all, install the plugin and purchase the license if required. Then, log in to your account and go to the WordPress dashboard.
Next, you need to upload the license by
going to Plugins, clicking on
Add New, selecting
the .zip file, and uploading it.
To activate the plugin, you just need to click on
Activate right after the uploading process. Then, the setting menu of the plugin will automatically be displayed on your WordPress Dashboard.
Finally, go to the
Settings section of the plugin by clicking on
The plugin name → Settings. Here is where you will set up information related to your affiliate program.
Step 2: Set up WooCommerce key affiliate pages
In this step, you will set up your affiliate program. Here is what you need to set up:
- Commission levels: How you will pay your affiliates. In particular, you will need to customize the welcome and sales notification messages.
- Creative tool: Links and banners used to spread the brand
- Affiliate Dashboard: the page where the affiliate can see the links, stats, payment method, resources, etc.
- Login page: the page which the affiliate can use to log into their dashboards.
- Signup page: the page where new affiliates sign up to get started.
In general, using the
Auto-Create Page option seems to be the easiest way. However, you have options to use existing pages for them.
Step 3: Set up WooCommerce payment integration
It’s high time you should manage your affiliate payments via WooCommerce. In order to do that, simply go to the
Plugin, click on
Settings and choose the
eCommerce tab. Then, enable the
Here is the guide to creating an affiliate program on WooCommerce for anyone to try.
How to track Affiliate Referrals
After you create an affiliate program in WooCommerce, the affiliates will sign up and log into their dashboard on your website. Now you can start tracking referrals that your affiliates send to your site even if you have only one successful application. Here is how to track affiliate referrals:
Step 1: Go to Referrals
The tracking process will be done via the back end of your online site through the
Referrals screen. Therefore, first of all, you should navigate to the
Here you can see all referrals or sales that your affiliates have sent to your store. With some plugins, you can even have the chance to view more details about each order connected with each referral.
Not only are individual referrals generated by affiliates, but you can also track the referral reports for each affiliate. The benefit of this process is knowing their performances, such as the number of visits, referrals, or sales they have sent each month and year.
Step 3: Create a payout file for your affiliates
Then, from the
Referrals screen, you can create a payout file for your affiliates by managing a certain date range and payment methods. Additionally, you can even remove or reject the referrals and change the status of them into
3 Best WooCommerce Affiliate Plugins
Easy Affiliate (Affiliate Royale)
Easy Affiliate (Affiliate Royale) is a popular WordPress plugin which is easy to use with multiple interesting features. Easy Affiliate is regarded as a simple but powerful plugin helping you create an affiliate program in only some basic steps. Additionally, the plugin is full-featured. So, if you are looking for one plugin supporting the affiliate program process of your store, Easy Affiliate is our first recommendation.
- Ability to manage links and banners
- Detailed and real-time reports like overall stats for affiliates, transaction reports, affiliate owing reports, and more.
- Fraud detection tool to investigate and remove suspicious activities before paying out.
- Tracking multiple commission levels with Affiliate Commission Override Rules
Secondly, Affiliates Pro is a compatible plugin for WooCommerce users. According to reviews from businesses using the plugin, it is one of the most helpful solutions with multiple features suitable for creating affiliate programs in online stores. What’s more, the plugin has a standard toolbox that can be customized according to the demands of each user. With the growth-oriented functionalities, the plugin surely can help you add and manage a successful affiliate marketing program and then increase your revenue and bring about the best experience for customers.
- Flexible and advanced commission rates
- Affiliates can sign up and be added automatically or manually
- Ability to manage banners from external sources
- Ability to export affiliate and referral data for future analysis
- Unlimited affiliates with a simple recruitment
Affiliate Pro’s price ranges from $49 to $159 based on your needs.
YITH WooCommerce Affiliates
Last but not least, YITH WooCommerce Affiliate is one of the most popular plugins for WooCommerce users, especially those who are finding ways to manage their affiliate programs well. The plugin surely helps online business owners partner up with multiple influencers. Besides adding an affiliate program to your online store, YITH WooCommerce Affiliate also helps you in adding rewards to the cart quickly right after any purchases are made with affiliate coupons. What’s more, by paying an affordable price, users can promote and spread their brand images as successfully as other platforms. You can even join its free trial to check all features before deciding to buy. Noticeably, the support team of the plugin is dedicated and will respond within a minute.
- Affiliates can request a withdrawal of their commissions
- Automated refunds
- Easily set a different commission rate for different products and users
- Ability to set affiliate’s name, date, ID, conversion time, and visited pages.
- Keep track of affiliates’ history
- Approve affiliates automatically without adding one by one manually
- Show reports for commissions and details for each product
As you can see, without having any coding skills, you can still add an affiliate program to your WooCommerce store by following the guidelines we have given above. Being a fast-growing, effective, affordable marketing strategy, affiliate marketing is a must-try method that you should apply, especially when you are focusing on increasing brand engagement and the number of loyal customers.
Anyway, we all suggest that you should rely on WooCommerce affiliate plugins to get the best features and fasten the process. If you have any questions related to affiliate marketing, be free to give us a comment in the below section. Share this post with your friends and visit us for more interesting topics.
Thanks for reading!